WARNINGS ON BUTTON/COIN BATTERIES
In compliance with The Consumer Goods (Button/Coin Batteries) Information Standard 2020, all Mondaine products that require the use of Button/Coin Batteries will include warnings on both batteries and the front panel of battery packaging. These warnings are necessary when supplying button/coin batteries to: alert consumers to the button/coin battery hazard, and provide relevant information so that appropriate action can be taken when it is suspected that a child has swallowed or inserted a button/coin battery.
WHAT ARE THE HAZARDS?
If swallowed, a button/coin battery can become stuck in a child’s throat and result in catastrophic injuries and even death. Insertion of button/coin batteries into body orifices such as ears and noses can also lead to significant injuries. Please seek medical attention immediately if you suspect that a button/coin battery might have been swallowed or placed inside any part of the body.
Provide a warning depending on:
- If the battery is a lithium button/coin battery, a statement informing the consumer that the battery can cause severe or fatal injuries in 2 hours or less if swallowed or placed inside any part of the body
- If the battery is a non-lithium button/coin battery, a statement informing the consumer that the battery can cause serious injuries if swallowed or placed inside any part of the body
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THE AUSTRALIA POISONS INFORMATION CENTRE
If it is suspected a button/coin battery has been swallowed or otherwise placed inside any part of the body, a person should contact the Australian Poisons Information Centre on 13 11 26 immediately for 24/7 fast, expert advice.